Re: The H. P. Profession

I think we are getting a little bit far from RADSAFE but let me add to
the discussion:

Let's not confuse the experience, professionnal abilities with "reserved
titles", (I'm not sure if this is the correct legal word). In Canada, a
person who presents himself or herself as an "Engineer or P. Engineer"
should be registered and should be a member of a specific Order. To be a
member of that Order, you need :

1.A degree in a related field + experience+  examination
2. Experience + extended examination (the examination is more in depth)

A person who claim on a businees card to be an engineer can be
prosecuted if that person is NOT a member of an Engineer order. (It is
worst if that person also ACT as an engineer)

But yes, a person can be called "Engineer" without having a Engineering
degree, if that person can sucessfully pass the examination step (and I
would find it very suprising to see a botanist	pass the exam without
heavy studying and adequate related  experience.  Now I leave you ,
trying to apply this example to ABHP, CHP and the health physicist title
!

Good luck.

Stephane Jean-Francois P. Eng.
RSO