Re: Smear Counter

At 09:10 PM 9/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I am interested in purchasing a low background automatic smear counter,
>like Tennellec by Oxford. Is there any other company that makes such a
>system?. I called Oxford several times and they have not returned my call.
>
>Reply can be to my e-mail. Thanks in advance.
>
>I just moved to Michigan for decommissioning of Big Rock Point nuclear
>plant. I left all my vendor references at home (I brought the wrong box).
>==============================
>Rahim Ghanooni
>HPCI Consulting
>Sr. Health Physicist
>Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM)
>Tel 319-393-2610
>rahimg@earthlink.net

You were correct about Tennelec being a source for this.
Their current product line is the Series 5 XLB low
backgrouynd automatic alpha/beta 50 planchet sample changer
system.  A less sophisticated (similar to what we have :-)
is the series 5 HP, also with a 50 sample planchet changer.

You can get to their instrument catalog online at
http://www.tennelec.com/Default.htm

They are marketed by Oxford Instruments.
Telephone
          1-423-483-8405
          1-800-769-3673 (North America Only)
     FAX
          1-423-483-5891
     Postal address
          601 Oak Ridge Turnpike, Oak Ridge, TN 37830 USA
     Electronic mail
          General Information: nmg@oxfordnm.usa.com
          Sales: nmg@oxfordnm.usa.com
          Customer Support: nmg@oxfordnm.usa.com