Re[3]: Radio-Phobia -Reply

    Charlie,

    You are probably correct. I suspect that the report I cited was more
    interested in the aspect of radiological terrorism than in the
    toxicity of plutonium, so they found a couple references that linked
    the two together.  The article is still worth reading, as it tries
    to put the pluto-phobia in the proper perspective.

    Doug Minnema, chp
    <Douglas.Minnema@dp.doe.gov>

Doug, et al.,

You may be right about the "Pu is the most hazardous..." line being
initiated by
those newspaper articles in 1994, but I believe the history is much longer
than that.
Quite likely, it was said in the 1960s.

Charlie Willis
caw@nrc.gov