Re: Radioactive assassinations

I do recall hearing about the death of a businessman and the serious
radiation sickness of several staff members in a Moscow office due to the
implantation of Iridium industrial radiography source(s) in the padding at
the neck of an office chair by members of an organised crime network.

But don't ask where I heard it, I can't remember, TV I think.

At 09:18 AM 9/10/97 -0500, you wrote:

snip

>>"Intelligence agents say that ... minuscule amounts of radioactive dust can
>>be used to commit virtually undetectable murders.  In recent years, Russian
>>mobsters have planted radioactive materials in office chairs and telephones
>>to kill their rivals."
>>
>>Has anyone heard about this before?  Are there any confirmed "murders" where
>>radiation was used as the weapon?  Is this even a reasonable possibility?  I
>>have an academic interest only!

  Anthony Barber
  Queensland University of Technology
  a.barber@qut.edu.au