FDA Exemption

Good Monday, HPs et. al.

Do any of you have any documentation exempting the Navy/Air Force/DOD
from FDA requirements for laser systems? Specifically, LMMS is going to
sell a laser system to the Navy, and I was trying to find out if we, the
manufacturers of the system, had to make sure it complied with FDA
requirements. I contacted the FDA and they indicated that "there should
be a letter" of exemption. I don't know what the letter would say, but I
would think LMMS should have a letter saying *we* are exempt, not the
Navy.

Anybody familiar with the situation?

Thanks in advance.

Donald P. Mercado