LSA-I

This raises an interesting topic.
In 49CFR173.403 the definition of LSA-I includes
  (iv) ...., and activated material in which the class 7 (radioactive)
material is essentially uniformly distributed and the average specific
activity does not exceed E-6 A2/g.

This is a useful provision for neutron activated materials, etc.  So the
comment below has a significant exception.

But, ...
Note that is does not specify solid materials.  Nevertheless my regulatory
contact said that tritiated D2O does not qualify under this provision.  So
restrict your use of this provision to solids or check first.

--
the above are the personal musing of the author,
and do not represent any past, current, or future