job available, Atlanta area

A friend asked me to post this job announcement to RADSAFE.

Please respond to him directly, not to me, not to the list.

Thanks

R Dee Colvett
rdcolvett@tva.gov

Position Summary:  Receive, ship, test, and calibrate Sr-90 source
trains.  Perform radiation surveys to determine levels of radiation
and contamination.

Specific Job Functions:

	1.	Calibrate and test source trains in compliance with procedures and
regulations

	2.	Ship and receive source trains in compliance with procedures and
regulations

	3.	Perform radiation and contamination surveys of work areas

	4.	Maintain accurate records of surveys and tests of source trains

	5.	Provide assistance to the supervisor in preparing and developing
new procedures and techniques.

Skill Requirements:  At least 5 years experience performing radiation
and contamination surveys and working with radioactive material.

Physical Requirements:  Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and be
able to work for extended periods of time standing around laboratory
work stations.

Education Requirements:  BS degree in health physics, chemistry,
physics or closely related science.  Graduate school in health physics
can be substituted for the experience requirements on a year-for-year
basis.  HAZMAT training for shipping radioactive material is a plus.

Send resume to:

John Lobdell
Novoste Corporation
4350-C International Boulevard