Re: Commodities

DAN:  Between the following two publications, most of your questions may be
answered:

	a.  NUREG/CR-1775, "Environmental Assessment of Consumer Products
Containing Radioactive Material," October 1980, available from the National
Technical Information Service (NTIS).  This report was compiled by SAIC;
the authors were D. Buckley, R. Belanger, P. Martin, K. Nicholaw, and J.
Swenson.

	b.  IAEA publication "Radiation Protection 68, Study on Consumer Products
Containing Radioactive Substances in the EU Member States," EUR 15846
(1995), compiled by A. Schmitt-Hannig, S. Drenkard, and J. Wheatley of the
Germany Institute for Radiation Hygiene of the Federal Office for Radiation
Safety.  This report is available from the United States distributor of
IAEA publications, UNIPUB.

At 06:11 AM 19-12-97 -0600, you wrote:
>Can anyone suggest a good text/lit that gives an explaination of most
>of the Radioactive commodities that have been used or are being used
>in our society.  I am looking for the text to tell me how the
>radioactive source is used in the commodity.
>
>LT DAN

David W. Lee
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Radiation Protection Services Group (ESH-12)
PO Box 1663, MS K483
Los Alamos, NM  87545
PH:   (505) 667-8085
FAX:  (505) 667-9726