Re[2]: drill scenario ???

     Unrealistic scenarios for drills are used in areas other than power
     plants.  There is a series of transportation exercises for called
     TRUEX (Transuranic Waste  Exercise) that I have participated in, and
     one scenario was " a 55-gallon drum of plutonium falls off the back of
     a pickup truck and bursts open."  Talk about unrealistic!  This sort
     of scenario is the only way to get anybody contaminated enough in a
     transportation accident to bring any counting and decon procedures
     into play.  We also got the disclaimer "We know this would never
     happen but pretend it does..."

     Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
     Transportation Systems Department
     Sandia National Laboratories