Re: RE: Drill Scenario -Reply

Ernie,
    You wrote:

Anthony F. (Tony) Armagno
Northeast Utilities Millstone Station
Tele: (860) 437-2519
E-Mail: armagaf@gwsmtp.nu.com
According to Steven Wright:  Black Holes are where GOD divided by Zero!

>>> Egoitein <Egoitein@aol.com> 01/12/98 04:27pm >>>
Two workers were killed during a refueling outage at the Trojan nuclear plant
many years ago.   They were inside the containment near the fuel transfer tube
where spent fuel is moved from the refueling cavity to the spent fuel pool.  I
wonder about the validity of your calculations.   Ernie

I am not sure if you were taking the stance that these lethal doses at ten
miles are possible or not, but I think your information concerning the exposure
at Trojan is incorrect.  I worked at Trojan in 1987 and was given my tour of
containment by one of the individuals who was exposed during the event in
question.  He was very much alive.  He recieved the greater of the exposures,
which was about 25 REM.