Re: Children: rad exposure from Nuc Med patients

Kent N. Lambert wrote:

> I encourage the David Englebretson to review the NRC's Reg
> Guide 8.39
> and the referenced NUREG for guidance.  (I recognize that
> the NRC
> regulations do not apply in Texas.)

Kent, I see this sort of attitude all the time and am
dumbfounded that users of any hazardous technology does not
endeavor to apply any industry standard or practice that is
clearly beneficial to the safety of the public and their
workers, regardless if it is someone else's regulation or
standard.  Also, Regulatory Guides are not regulations in
themselves.  Regulatory Guides are guidance for implementing
various regulations.
--
Dean Chaney, CHP
USNRC R4/WCFO