Re: Revco Freezers

> There will be no rad work done in this lab, but at the complete
> opposite end of the lab is a lunch area with a table and
> microwave.  The lunch area is not isolated from the rest of the
> lab.
>
> Question:  Do any of you out there see this as a potential
> problem?

Radsafers and Denis,
We have a similar situation with a LSC.  We have blocked off the
counter with 'cubicle dividers'.  NRC inspectors were in this office
and checked the eff and MDA for the machine and did not question
whether or not we ate or drank in the adjoining area.  No promises,
but the dividers seem to have solved our problem with one inspection
under our belt.

The above are my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions
of my employer.
Patrick J. McDermott

Patrick J. McDermott
Rutgers Envir. Health & Safety