RE: Skull caps under respirators -Reply

Brian-

On this thread, I agree with Dean Chaney.

 Assuming you are talking about ANSI Z88.2-1992, I don't believe your
assertion is substantiated.  Additionally, the revised OSHA respiratory
protection standard doesn't appear to reference ANSI Z88.2, which is a
departure from the previous version.  However, the preamble indicates
that applicable portion of this ANSI standard have been incorporated
into this revised regulation.  It should also be noted that the
effective date of the revised regulation is 4/8/98.

-Ron

The opinions expressed here have not been reviewed or
approved by my employer.

Ron Reif, CHP, CIH, CSP
DOE/AL/OSHD
P.O. Box 5400