Waterborne Radon in NJ

To: Joe Stencel,

1) waterborne radon studies in NJ

Zoltan Szabo and Otto S. Zapecza have examined the geologic and geochemical
factors controlling uranium, radium-226, and radon-222 in ground water,
Newark Basin, New Jersey.  I believe the work was performed in conjunction
with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.  I have a
reference if you are interested.  You may also want to talk to Sandy Wilcox
at the Dept. of Health in NJ.

2) What is the annual average dose from radon -

You need to be a bit more specific.  Are you looking for dose from
ingestion or secondary airborne exposure from a waterborne radon soource?

Crawford-Brown has published quite a few articles describing specific organ
doses for ingested waterborne radon.

Please contact me directly if you need references.

Regards, Bill Field

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
R. William Field, Ph.D.
Department of Preventive Medicine