Re: Lymphoscintigraphy

Daren,
You make a good point about control of a specimen containing
radioactivity. I found out that the pathologists are just as possessive
of their specimens as we are of the radioactivity. We cannot take the
specimen to our area for decay but must take it to a designated area in
Pathology which would have the appropriate shielding and labels. In our
limited experience we haven't had a problem with exposure from
radioactive specimens; I would certainly measure the dose rate at the
surface, issue ring monitors if necessary, or better yet, let the
radioactivity decay before handling the specimen.

Ken