Re: New Steve Wing Study -Reply

Anthony asked the following question:

>  I have been a Rad Worker since 1980 and I have never heard of any
>  study performed on occupational power reactor workers.

I am aware of studies that have been conducted over the years, by
EEI, AIF, NUMARC,  EPRI and NEI. These studies asked for a lot of
dose data to assist in evaluating worker health and occupational
life-time exposure. All of the studies were either ended prematurely,
or, were unable to derive the data necessary. The industry as a whole
determined that each reactor site would have had to expend millions
of dollars to go back and obtain much of the information, as required
by the various studies. So, to answer your question, there has been
NO conclusive study completed with respect to power reactor workers,
to the best of my knowledge.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director