Limitations on looking for missing RAM, second attempt

I have not received a reply to my original request, so I am trying, again.  Of
course, I could
have imagined reading about the incident in a Health Physics Newsletter, but I
hope not.

Again, I am looking for some information on an incident that happened several
years ago involving the lost of radioactive material.  In this incident, the NRC
said a licensee should not have to its people at risk in order to recover a lost
vial of H-3, which is what I believe was lost.  I would appreciate knowing if
there was an Information Notice or similar "official" statement from the NRC on
this type of event.

If you can recall any facts or comments made about this incident, please let me
know. -- John

With the usual disclaimer that my employer would be really surprised at what I
do all day long.

John Jacobus, Area Health Physicist
Radiation Safety Branch, Building 21, Room 141
Phone:  301-496-5774
Fax:      301-496-3544
E-mail:   jjacobus@exchange.nih.gov