RE: Y2K -Reply

Dear RADSAFErs:

I have always avoided like the plague saying anything vaguely commercial
to the RADSAFE members.  Now I feel I must say something.

EG&G ORTEC is highly sympathetic to the view that customers shouldn't
have to take it on the chin just because the Year 2000 is coming.  For
some time we have been quietly building YR2K compliance into new ORTEC
products for gamma and alpha spectroscopy and whole-body counting.

All of the company's MCA hardware -- starting with our first PC-based
MCA built in 1983 -- was made to be and is YR 2000 compliant.  There are
no upgrade costs because there is nothing that needs upgrading.

All the 32-bit gamma and alpha analysis software produced in the last
year and a half is YR 2000 compliant.

Also, we have been concerned that people who have bought elsewhere are
going to face very expensive upgrades due to obsoleting of many hardware
and software products.  For them we have come up with the MatchMaker,
which allows users to achieve the upgrade they need while retaining the
hardware they obtained elsewhere.  This results in a large cost saving.

Anyone who wants more information can request it from
INFO_ORTEC@egginc.com

Sanford Wagner
sanford_wagner@egginc.com
Phone: 423-483-2251

P.S.  If anyone decides to flame me because of this message, I will
accept it.  I have written in the spirit of helping.

Sanford