Re: looking for Health Physics issues

> Date sent:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:57:05 -0600 (CST)
> Send reply to:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
> From:           Andrew Karam <karam.1@osu.edu>
> To:             Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Subject:        looking for Health Physics issues

> Dear RADSAFERs -
>
> I am interested in obtaining copies of two back issues of Health Physics,
> May, 1987 (Special Issue on Radiation Hormesis) and July, 1990 (Biological
> Effects of Low-Dose Radiation:  A Workshop).  I contacted the publisher and
> was told they do not sell single issues printed before 1995.  Can anyone in
> RADSAFE-land offer any suggestions or assistance?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Andy

Dear Andy

  As I wrote before, I can send you a copy of Health Physics, special issue
on radiation hormesis  but this journal is copyrighted ,I don't know
whether there is any possibility for getting the publisher's permission.
Please let me know.
  Also you can study "Is radiation all bad? The search for adaptation"
by Prof. Sheldon Wolff (Radiation Research , 131, 117-123,1992).
this paper is the text of the 29th Failla Memorial lecture.
  In this paper you read:

" Today the pendulum has swung far in the opposite direction , and we have
an inordinate fear of the least amount of radiation."

Best Wishes
J. Mortazavi

> The opinions expressed above are well-reasoned and insightful.  Needless
> say, they are not those of my employer. (with apologies to Michael Feldman)
>
> Andrew Karam, MS, CHP                   (614) 292-1284 (phone)
> The Ohio State University                   (614) 292-7002 (fax)
> Office of Radiation Safety                  "The mind is not a vessel to
> 1314 Kinnear Road                       be filled but a fire to be
> Columbus, OH  43212                     lighted." (Plutarch)
> (karam.1@osu.edu)

END

       o____________________________________________o
        \    S. M. Javad Mortazavi M.                \
         \    Medical Physicist                       \
          \    Department of Medical Physics           \
           \    Faculty of Medical Sciences             \
            \    Tarbiat Modarres University             \
             \    P.O. Box 14155-4838                     \
              \    Fax (98 21) 800 6544                    \
               \    Voice (98 21) 802 8302                  \
                \    E-mail  mortazav@net1cs.modares.ac.ir   \
                 \    Tehran , Iran                           \