Re: rem vs. rad

Right on, Professor Raabe!  I hope we can now put this
issue to rest.  Except as a radiobiologist I must emphasize
a further complicating issue:  RBE is dependent not only on
LET and dose but also on end point being measured.  For
example, under some circumstances the RBE for cataract
induction may be (not necessarily is) different from that
for carcinogenesis even with the same radiation quality at
the same dose level.

S. Julian Gibbs, DDS, PhD               Voice: 615-322-3190
Professor of Radiology                    FAX: 615-322-3764
Dept. of Radiology & Radiological Sciences
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Nashville TN 37232-2670 Email:s.julian.gibbs@Vanderbilt.Edu