Steel Compositions

Al,

A good reference I've seen was "Structure, Strength, & Radiation
Damage of Corrosion-Resistant Steels and Alloys," by A. M. Parshin.

You should be able to obtain this text from the American Nuclear
Society.  The ISBN No. is:0-89448-563-6
ANS Order # 690050.

I also remember one of my Nuclear Engineering texts containing a few
stainless steel compositions that had cobalt constituents.  Can't
remember right now which one, and REALLY don't want to dive into
those packed boxes of reference material in storage.  If I
remember or find it, I'll forward the other reference to you.

Hope this will help.

> From: Al Wolff <alwolff@ies.iec-energy.com>
> Subject: Activation Calculations

> Does anyone know of a good reference having the compositions by weight
> percent of trace elements (such as cobalt) in metals such as the Inconels,
> stainless steels, zircalloys. etc. ?

Bernadette Baca

TDH - Bureau of Radiation Control
Uranium Licensing Project
1100 West 49th
Austin, TX 78756 - 3189
(512) 834 - 6688  ext: 2206

-My supervisor has not read or approved this message,
much less agrees with my point of view.  Therefore, use at your own risk and humor.

mailto:Bernadette.Baca@tdh.state.tx.us

"Beneath this chaos is a really big mess." - Jim Davis