Re: Outdoor Rn measurements (background)

Brian,
Although I agree with what's been said already, the possible existence of
potential radon/thoron emitting formations upwind of the predominant winds
in these months could be a consideration.  Many years ago, before I came to
BNL,
it was established that radon/thoron levels on Long Island are greater in
the winter months when the predominant winds are from the NNW and sweep
radon from the uranium rich Palisades (some 60 miles upwind).
Andy Hull