Re: Cancer Cured in Mice

Wes and RADSAFErs,

Don't get too excited yet, NCI is only starting a phase one human study,
it'll take years to get this off the ground if it even works.  I hate to be
a spoil sport, but there have been about 5 or 6 "cures" for cancer, in mice
only.  The human body just likes to do strange things, ie: not what we want.
I certainly hope for the best, but I'm not going to jump for joy just yet.
Too many dissapointments are bad for morale.  Espically with family members
that have cancer.

Scott Kniffin

mailto:Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov
RSO, Unisys Corp. @ Lanham, MD
CHO, Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA, Greenbelt, MD

The opinions expressed here are my own.  They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys Corporation or NASA.  This information has not been
reviewed by my employer or supervisor.