Unusual element response pattern - Panasonic Badges

We have processed a group of Panasonic UD802 badges from the same place
with an unusual element response pattern.

Typical element values were: E1=771, E2=797, E3=8970 and E4=4494.

The group consisted of 19 badges, 17 all showing this type of pattern,
and 2 two badges showing normal background type response. These are not
normal responses for the UD802 badge - normally if E3 is this high in
relation to E1 and E2, it is because of photon radiation below 120 keV,
and E4 would be approximately the same magnitude as E1 and E2.

The types of  chemical damage/interference (e.g. gas, moisture) we have
encountered so far only affected elements 1 and 2 (LiBO) and not Elements
3 and 4 (CaSO).

Glow curves for all the badges appeared normal.

I am currently investigating the occurrence and would appreciate any
input from other Panasonic users.

Thanks in advance,

Du Toit Volschenk
Radiation Protection Service
South African Bureau of Standards
Tel: 012 428 6493 (international: 27 12 428 6493)
Fax: 012 344 1568 (international: 27 12 344 1568)
mailto: DUTOIT@SABS.CO.ZA