Re[2]: Emergency Doses Allowed

EPA-400, "Manual of Protective Action Guides and Protective Actions for Nuclear
Incidents" page 2-9 through 2-13 provides some guidance on emergency exposures.
The manual provides a table for "Guidance on Dose Limits for Workers Performing
Emergency Services."

For protection of large populations I believe you would have to weigh the
affects of dose to the public to the dose of the individual(s).  For lifesaving
actions, you might want to base your actions upon the needs of the patient.
Time is an important factor in both cases.

I concur with Steven Rima regarding the PSE provisions and limits.

Dave Seever
Emergency Planning
San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS)
dlseever@songs.sce.com