Re: Radioactive/Hazmat Training

On Sunday, July 12, 2-4 pm there will be a PEP course at the Health Physics
Society Annual Meeting in Minneapolis on "Domestic Transportation of
Radioactive Material - An Overview."

On 3 Jun 98, at 11:38, Sue M. Dupre wrote:

> Good morning!
>
> We've been looking into hazmat/radioactive training for my boss and I and
> haven't had a lot of luck finding something that's appropriate for the
> limited type of radioactive materials shipping we do.  We're considering
> the possibility of arranging our own one-day class with Al Grella (who
> used to handle transportation matters for the NRC and now regularly
> consults on transportation training) and throwing it open to a limited
> number of people outside Princeton University to make it financially
> feasible.
>
> If you'd be interested or have persons in your organization who you'd like
> to attend something like this, please contact me privately so I can gauge
> the degree of interest.  I have in mind doing this sometime this fall.  At
> this point, I see it as a one-day class focussed on radioactive materials
> shipping, looking primarily at highway and air shipping, with a brief
> foray into international requirements.
>
> Sue Dupre
> Sue M. Dupre, Health Physicist
>
> Environmental Health and Safety Office
> 262 Alexander Street
> Princeton University
> Princeton, NJ  08544
>
> E-mail: dupre@princeton.edu
> Phone:  (609) 258-6252
> Fax:    (609) 258-1804
>
> Visit the EHS Web site at http://www.princeton.edu/~ehs

Kent N. Lambert, M.S., CHP
lambert@auhs.edu
Allegheny University of the Health Sciences
Hahnemann Division
Radiation Physics and Safety, MS 106
Broad and Vine Streets
Philadelphia, PA  19102-1192