Re: Can you help ?

Pauline,

Call these people, they should be able to help identify the quantity of
Cobalt-60 in this tube.  (They are usually contain about 0.1 microcuries
and cannot be detected with a standard geiger counter)

COMMUNICATIONS AND POWER INDUSTRIES   650-846-3159
MICROWAVE POWER TUBE PRODUCTS
811 HANSEN WAY
PALO ALTO, CA 94304-1031

At 06:20 AM 6/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
> An elderly "flea marketing " couple in my area got in touch with me
>about a device that they discovered in a box of goodies purchased at
>a recent auction. This small device has a radiation trefoil attached
>and indicates that it contains Co-60. The manufacturer of the unit is
>Microwave Associates. Through some investigating I have been able to
>establish that it is a 1B63A Fixed Tuned Gas Switching Tube, however,
>have not been able to establish the quantity of Co-60 contained in
>this unit. Is there anyone out there in the Radsafe community who can
>help me ?
>

>Pauline Jones
>Dalhousie University
>Halifax, Nova Scotia
>pjones@kilcom1.ucis.dal.ca

Tad  Blanchard            /__ \ /___\   NASA-Goddard Space Flight Center
Nat'l Health Svc, Inc          O         Code 205.9, Greenbelt, MD 20771
Sr Health Physics Tech        / \                    Phone: 301-286-9157
Assistant RSO                /___\                   Fax:   301-286-1618
                 mailto:Tad.M.Blanchard.1@GSFC.NASA.gov
        http://panza.gsfc.nasa.gov/205/205-2/Health/RADPROT.HTM