re: Pb-210 Contaminant

Form: Reply
Text: (22 lines follow)
After a Health Devices Alert publication warning of Pb-210 and progeny
(Bi-210) contaminants in some lead shielding products manufactured after 1
Oct 96,
we got our GM meters to check the lead aprons in our Radiology dept.
Luckily, we found no contamination.
There is more information from the Center for Devices and Radiological
Healthj, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, FDA public health notice.
Radioactivity in radiation protection devices [letter].  1997 Jun 13

Good luck
Rafael G. Charris, TSgt, USAF, OHS, RRPT
NCOIC, Occupational Health Element
Bioenvironmental Engineering Flight
Edwards AFB, CA 93534
(805) 277-3272 (main)