How long do we keep records

All,

According to 10CFR20.2106(f) "The licensee shall retain the
required form or record until the Commission terminates each
pertinent license requiring this record."

According to 29CFR1910.1020(d) (paraphrase because I don't have it
in front of me) exposure records from physical agents shall be
kept for 30 years.

My boss (Director of EH&S) contends that I need to live by the
OSHA requirement and not the NRC requirement, because he considers
the OSHA requirement more restrictive.  He says that if I follow
the NRC requirement, then I open my employer to liability if we
terminate our licenses and dispose of our exposure records.

1. Is this true?

2. Has this scenerio been tested in the courts? (my bosses
question)

3. What agency has jurisdiction?  I have a copy of the MOU between
the NRC and OSHA dated

Denis J. Rinkacs, Jr.
Radiation Safety Officer
Carnegie Mellon University