LASER facility questions

To those who are involved in Laser safety,
 I am designated LSO addition to RSO at our facility. I have been to two
training classes four-five years ago. I forgot what I learned. We are in process
to setting up a class 4 laser. This system seems to be an old unit.

The unit spec. are:
    wave length (changed at the end): start at 1.053 um,  at the end it's at
0.5265 um
    energy (changed at the end): start at 1 J, end at <0.5 J
    pulse duration: 50 usec

I was told that a laser unit housing is there but need to be removed until they
set everything up such as cooling water line leakage check and a number of
items. This will be done while beam is on.

Here are my questions:
    1. What wavelength laser and power level is this? (two separate optical
goggles and MPEs?)
    2. I have a ANSI Z136.1-1993. I thought a newer version came out after that.
Are there a
        lot of changes in the newer version from the version I have? I don't
mind to buy one but
        user is in a hurry.
    3. Table 10 of the ANSI 136.1 states that NHZ analysis required for a number
of control
        measures. How shall I do that?
    4. I was told that once set up is completed they are going to enclose the
unit. Can it forgive
        some safety requirements because it is going to be enclosed after a
while?
    5. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for your help. M. Jo
Myung Chul Jo, RSO