Re: Media Exaggerations of Nuclear Power Plant Events

>very noticeable front-page story entitled "NUCLEAR THEFT". Was the

If I remember right - we had a "nuclear fatality" at a site long ago.
It was somebody who simply went to a "restroom" (remember def.?) and got
a heart attack. Some local newspaper made a good headline out of it. The
plant in question ("Marviken") never went critical - it was supposed to
run with heavy water but the project was stopped for some reason I can't
remember - then the half-built plant was used for other fuels instead
(perhaps the only nuclear plant that was fired with coal or oil(?!).).
Later the plant was used to simulate various aspects of nuclear
incidents. Perhaps somebody out there knows more about Marviken - I was
too young to follow the developments by that time (in the sixties).

Bjorn C.

bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com
Depts. Medical Radiation Biology and Medical Radiation Physics,
Karolinska Institutet, Box 260,
S-171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Ph/fax: Int + 468 343525 (Med. Radiation Physics)