RE: Nuclear Carrier Arrives In SD

At 15:02 26.08.1998 -0500, you wrote:
>This brings to mind something I witnessed when the Enterprise was in the
>graving dock at Hunter's Point.
>
>A bunch of Greenpeacers showed up in their little rubber boat to save
>the world,

Very nice expression - I assume you permit me to use this in discussions -
I would not tell about the source.

  Only the fact that I (and everyone else) was under orders not to
>"interact" with them kept me from a pointed (and probably more than
>slightly sarcastic) suggestion that they check the rate out in the
>middle of the bay.  Guess they never heard of doing an instrument check
>before entering the survey area. }:-)

Why should they check the rate out in the middle of the bay? This would
have confused their reasoning. It might have resulted in letting their
campaign collaps. - I have on my desk in my office a mat with the
inscription: "Do not confuse me with facts, I have made up my opinion!"
This is my sarcastic comment - but I cannot tell anybody, how to fight this
incredible nonsense distributed by mass media and "experts". Maybe only
patience and yearlong patient public relation work might help.

Franz

>Dave Neil
>Ex-105
>neildm@id.doe.gov

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria