Type B cask releases

     Dear RADSAFERs,

     My earlier posting was apparently in error.  There were 91 accidents
     involving Type B containers between 1971 and 1996, and one did involve
     a release.  This was a case in which container holding a radiography
     camera fell off a truck and was run over by a rental car, releasing
     the source material.  The accident was not included in the table I
     cited.  Sorry for the confusion.

     Ruth Weiner
     rfweine@sandia.gov