Re: Type B cask releases

At 05:46 PM 9/1/98 -0500, Ruth Weiner wrote:

>     Dear RADSAFERs,
>
>     My earlier posting was apparently in error.  There were 91 accidents
>     involving Type B containers between 1971 and 1996, and one did involve
>     a release.  This was a case in which container holding a radiography
>     camera fell off a truck and was run over by a rental car, releasing
>     the source material.  The accident was not included in the table I
>     cited.  Sorry for the confusion.
>
>     Ruth Weiner
>     rfweine@sandia.gov

September 2, 1998
Davis, CA

Dear Ruth:

This one release does not appear to be a release from a Type B cask. Can
you clarify how this relates to releases from type B casks?

Thanks...

Otto
		Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
              Institute of Toxicology & Environmental Health (ITEH)
		     (Street address: Old Davis Road)
		University of California, Davis, CA 95616
		Phone: 530-752-7754  FAX: 530-758-6140
		E-mail ograabe@ucdavis.edu