RE: Vote on the Sierra Blanca site -Reply

> I question the value of deliberately skewing a poll.

This is not a statistically valid sample, therefore, it should be
construed as such. To be valid, the sample must be random in all
facets of the survey. On the other hand, replying to a poll is not a
manipulation in any consideration. This is done with every major
news organization (check out MSNBC, CNBC, CNN, etc.). Of
course the results are skewed, based on the readership, but so
what? The result s DO demonstrate the opinions of those who took
the time to respond. Is an election different? If the members of one
party don't flock to the polls, does that mean that the majority of
the country agree with the outcome of the election? Of course not!

Let's assume for a moment that responding to a poll is considered
skewing. I say, it's better to state your opinion, than to have a non-
response considered as a positive, or negative response, by those
conducting the poll. Better to be heard, especially when the
audience is knowledgeable.

Last comment ... don't assume that everyone on Radsafe has the
same opinions. We are not sheep walking to the slaughter without
any thought given. We all have our won opinions, and those are
based on our experiences. We do think differently, on many issues.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
ICN Plaza
3300 Hyland Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3149

sandyfl@earthlink.net
sperle@icnpharm.com

ICN Dosimetry Website:
http://www.dosimetry.com

Personal Website:

              - G. K. Chesterton -

The opinions expressed are solely, absolutely, positively, definitely those of the author, and NOT my employer