Re: Landauer's New Badge

Bob:

This is a serious consideration for my one client, a major user of TLD.
Most of the people are used to seeing the good old, "M" and equate it to
zero.   When someone receives a 10, 20, or 30 (which somehow seems to occur
when the dosimeters are hardly used), they become upset at "receiving
radiation dose".   I asked if there was any chance that Landauer would use
a "threshold" for those customers whop wanted one and was told "no".   For
those clients of mine that do not want the "fine sensitivity", I am
recommending staying with the old TLD technology.   I have been told by one
client who uses film, that he was told by Landauer that by 2000, Landauer
would only supply the new OSD's.   He is now checking out ICN.   I think
Landauer should re-examine their marketing strategy.

Tony LaMastra
alamastra@enter.net