Re: Landauer's New Dosimetry Badge

We currently see a LOT of 10, 20 and 30 mRem photon doses reported for
researchers who are only using tracer amounts of beta emitters.  These
photon doses are also reported for badges of personnel who were inactive
for the entire monitoring period in terms of radioactive material use.{ie.
badge in desk in office for entire period] When these apparent false positive
[background environmental radiation] are 30 mRem or so, I hesitate to sign
off on them as occupational exposures.  If anyone is using the Luxel badges
in a research environment, I'd be interested in knowing if you are seeing
any doses reported that you think are false positives.

Thank you.

Aggie
Agnes.Barlow@Yale.edu
203 737-2142