RE Bugs, another Story - Rodents

Joel's amusing story reminded me of one.  Also took place at an unnamed
University, this time in the SF Bay Area.  I was not directly involved.
Another difference was the P-32 was deliberately injected into the rats
yes, one got away.  The Health Physics group tracked the rat by it's
radioactive feces and eventually recaptured it with assistance from the
Pest Control Group, a classic case of interdisciplinary cooperation.  The
Student paper at this University traditionally publishes a 1 April edition
with ficticious and amusing stories on the "April Fools" front page.  I
have often thought I should write an account and submit it annonimously
for that edition.  Headline of "HOT S__T" or "Radioactive Rat Runs Rampant
in LSB" [LSB=Life Sciences Building]

Do I need to say any opinions are mine and mine alone?  Probably do!
Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, Denver
vernig.peter@forum.va.gov