Re: pocket sized ratemeters

We have been borrowing one of the Ludlum pocket ratemeters (the Model
2401-P survey meter) for a few weeks.  It seems to be reliable and easy to
use.  I expect it to be as rugged as any other Ludlum instrument.  The cost
is about $375 or so.  The 2401-P is a pancake meter; they also have an
energy-compensated GM and an end-window GM.  Our techs like it and I have
recommended it to some of our researchers as a great alternative to the
cheap and lousy meters they'd otherwise buy.

Andy

Andrew Karam, MS, CHP
RSO, University of Rochester
(716) 275-3781 (voice)
(716) 256-0365 (fax)
akaram@safety.rochester.edu

http://www.rochester.edu/Admin/EHAS/rshpage.htm

"The mind is not a vessel to be filled  but a fire to be lighted"
 Plutarch