OOPS - Old Burial Site

RADSAFERS,

How embarrassing!  In my original post, I should have said that the
site was EAST, not west of Los Angeles.  sorry.

Partial information:  The site is said to be SANTA SUSANA, in
the Simi Valley hills.  Did they have a significant reactor
accident about 1959 (a meltdown)?

Were there any radiation fatalities there about that time or later?
Rad fatalities are such big news that we would probably have
heard about them, so I doubt this aspect.

Is there a cleanup program under way there and does it involve
environmental radiation?

I am interested for several reasons, but mainly to calm down
a worried local resident.  Any information would appreciated.

Thanks.

Jesse Coleman

RADSHOALS@AIRNET.NET