Re: An old waste burial site??

GC161, Hmmm, I think I have heard of this before.  This could be a
coincidence, but...
I believe that someone has been watching too much TV.

In the last year or two until it ended last year, my children watched a
popular show on the Nickelodeon Channel called "The Secret World of Alex
Mack".  On this show a teenage girl is contaminated with some type of ooze
called GC-161, which gives her amazing powers.

I will concede the possibility that the writers of the show grew up in Simi
Valley or their parents worked at the waste site and lifted the GC-161 name
out of the recesses of their mind, but I really doubt it.  If there is an
old waste burial site, I bet that GC-161 has nothing to do with it.

This sounds as if it is starting to get off topic.  Maybe I have been
watching too much TV.

W. Scott Rone
Rad. Safety Coord.
Univ. of MS, Health & Safety Dept.