RE: DOE regulation

> If I am not mistaken (I very well could be) NRC would regulate the
> "licensee", which would be, I presume, DOE and NOT the contractor

The above is an accurate assessment. For example, power
reactors are regulated based on their license and other governing
documents ..  Use of and actions taken by contractors is the
responsibility of the licensee, to ensure that their activities are
performed within the license conditions. In the event of a NOV, the
licensee is held accountable, and not the contractor. There might
be other extenuating considerations in the event of wilful actions
that cause catastrophic circumstances, by the contractor.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205

              - G. K. Chesterton -