Nuclear Experts

For what it is worth, one problem I have seen over and over again is that
those opposed to "radiation" do not believe that someone who has spent a
professional life working in the field is an"unbiased expert". We are all
part of the "nuclear industrial complex" which seems to have replaced the
"military industrial complex" as the great enemy of the people!
Several times giving evidence to enquiries I have been told that my recital
of the science involved is clear evidence of my bias and that as a
radiation professional I have a financial interest in the nuclear and
radiation industry (even when a professor of chemistry I was accused of
this because of receiving research grants for radiation chemistry!).
I strongly suspect that complete professional ignorance is the requirement
to be an "expert" as defined by the anti-radiation lobby.

Gerald Laurence
RSO University of Adelaide
Dr Gerald Laurence
Aduchem Pty Ltd