Marie Curie Exhibit

     RadSafers -

     I received a brochure about an exhibit at one of our facilities that
     people may be interested in:

     The New York Academy of Science is presenting an exhibit entitled "Marie
     Curie and the Centenary of the Discovery of Radioactivity".

     According to the brochure I received:

     This exhibit documents a fascinating chapter in the history of modern
     chemistry, physics and medicine, the discovery of radioactivity in the
     1890s - and celebrates the life of a researcher who has been an
     inspiration to women in science throughout this century, Marie Curie.
     The exhibited items are on loan from the New York Academy of Medicine;
     the Mutter Museum; College of Physicians in Philadelphia; the Dibner
     Institute for the History of Science and Technology and the Burndy
     Library, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; and the Society on
     Tribute to Marie Sklodowska Curie, Warsaw, Poland.

     The exhibit is currently on display from now until February 21, 1999 at
     the Bristol-Myers Squibb Gallery at the Bristol-Myers Squibb facility in
     Lawrenceville, New Jersey.  The Gallery is open to the public Monday
     through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Thursday until 7 p.m.) and Saturday
     and Sunday from 1 p.m. until 5 p.m.  Admission is free.  The address is
     Route 206 and Provinceline Road in Lawrenceville, New Jersey, about
     three miles south of Princeton.  The phone number is 609-252-4000.

     After the exhibit leaves New Jersey, it will be at the State University
     of New York at Bingamton University Art Museum from March 5 - April 2.

     Stop by and check it out if you get a chance.

     Regards -

     Mike Vala
     Bristol-Myers Squibb
     mvala@usccmail.bms.com