RE: give me your opinion

1) This scenario is completely implausible, Joe knows it (or needs to know it).

2) WIPP Drums are not reactive, they are vented, the containers inside are
plastic bags or 5 gallon pails, there is nothing to build pressure and burst.

3) Nothing was mentioned about your buddy walks into a room and keels over,
you are in the same room with him. a APR will not supply O2 if it were
required.  SCBA is a lot longer response time than APR.  That not what he
asked.

3) Joe has never seen the inside of a WIPP Drum, it not like a bunch of
powder or something, the Pu is INVISIBLE to the naked eye.  The DOE does
not throw out perfectly good Pu.  Anything released would be on the order
of micro grams.

4) There are no waste packages like this.  I have worked with TRU waste
drums 30 years old.  Even then they were vented with no reactive,
explosives etc.

My own opinion and experience.

Mike Dempsey