Re[2]: medical health physics -- Student looking for help

          Bruce Busby wrote:
          Hi all,

      <<>Nearly all thesis topics are suggested by the thesis advisor.

     Actually, in the graduate school education I have been involved in,
     the students were expected to research and find a thesis topic, with
     the school approving and guiding the process with advisors/committees
     (at least so I was told).  While I guess that every school is
     different, I am not sure I would say that a student looking for a good
     worthwhile topic and associated resources is "at the wrong
     University".>>

     I have found that the philosophy "finding your own topic" is more
     prevalent, but I would like to see more advisors with at least a
     selection of ideas to help students get started. To me, this is most
     important at the Master's level.

     I can agree more with the "find your own" philosophy more at the
     Doctoral level, although that assumes that available advisors have
     ongoinf research projects that can at least be starting points for
     students.

     Jerry Falo, Ph.D., CHP
     jer3ry@aol.com

     These are purely my own opinions grown from too many ;-) years of
     college study.