RE: Pu Toxicity vs DDT

I made a compilation of statements from previous responses.  They are
listed below.

Nobody want to eat Pu, but everybody does, everyday.  The background level
being passed in the urine of each adult per day world wide is 1E6 atoms,
+/- 5 E 5 atoms.  This is from all the above ground weapons testing done in
the past.  I my self am passing 35 E 6 atoms daily, my best friend is
passing 65 E 6 atoms daily.     The elevated levels my urine (and my
friends) it is from chronic LL exposure.

1 E 6 atoms Pu 239 = 5.53 E -5 dpm (an inconsequential dose)

Mike Dempsey mdempsey@lanl.gov

All  the above statements are my own opinions.... and are influenced by
this memory.

My grandfather was an oilman.  He would take my mother driving past the oil
wells.  She would smell the oils and gas and said that it stank.  My
grandfather told her "That's your bread and butter".   Pu is my bread and
butter.

" I am personally aware of plutonium workers with easily detectable
depositions who have experience no health affects, but I don't think I will
volunteer to eat any of the stuff."

"I do not know what kind of assumptions one should use for the committed
doses because of the acute effects or whatever else, but I for one do
not want to swallow any of that stuff. "

"I too would prefer to figuratively rather than literally pass on this
stuff :-)"