RE: New York Times - Red Meat Irradiation Rules

I don't believe Ruth Weiner missed the point at all.  Food irradiation is a
cost effective method for limiting bacterial growth in the food supply.
Playing "what if" with food irradiation is an excuse.  This technology has
been around almost 30 years.  It is way past time to introduce this
technology, and improve the safety of the US food supply.

If you had played "what if" with the introduction of penicillin, and
correctly decided that bacteria might one day grow resistant to the drug,
then we could have missed out on the 50 years of benefits that drug has
provided.

Mine own opinion.

Andrew Tompkins
Woodstock, GA