Re: Idiot-proof survey meters

> Could anyone recommend a survey meter that could be used by minimally
> trained, scientifically illiterate persons?

You're already in trouble, and looking for serious consequences
based on the above comment alone. Stratification of this one
sentence makes me believe that:

(1) Minimal training is provided. That means that whatever
measurements the individual observes, will they comprehend what
the magnitude of what they're measuring .. means?

(2) Will they be able to assess the working environment? Will they
know enough to identify when the working dose rates have
changed?

(3) Are they going to rely on an "alarm" to keep them out of
trouble? Very serious potential here!

(4) Scientifically illiterate means that they probably won't even
know whether or not the instrument even measures the spectrum of
interest!

(5) What about procedures? Do they exist? Are there training
programs (even if minimal) where their understanding of the
procedures is documented?

I'm not psychic, but, I see trouble ahead for this program.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205

              - G. K. Chesterton -