FYI: Meltdown at Three Mile Island -Forward

Heads up on a PBS Program of possible interest......
Michael
mford@pantex.com

The American Experience will present "Meltdown at Three Mile
Island" on Monday evening , February 22, 1999, at 9:00 PM on most
PBS stations. I am guessing it will probably be at 8:00 PM on
Albuquerque's Channel 5. The title is probably designed to get
viewers . . . which is good, because I believe the focus will be
positive and discuss how the industry has learned and improved
since 1979.  I was interviewed for the program in the Spring of last
year and helped the producer with perspective on the content. I
expect I will appear in a few clips. Others interviewed included
former Gov. Thornberg, Harold Denton [NRC], and Ed Frederick,
one of the operators who was on shift when the accident occurred.
Bill Kastenberg [UC-Berkeley] saw an early 1 1/2 hour version and
made suggestions for changes. He says it was pretty positive.  So I
hope lots of folks will watch!

Bob Long   [Retired VP of GPU Nuclear Corp and Former President
of ANS]